40 Days of Prayer for Revival
1 Pet 2:13-17;
13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.
6 For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
7 He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
8 He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints. Jas 1:5 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. Good Decisions-- Wisdom is an indispensable component for responsible leadership. Preparation
• Praise God for who He is
• Confess your sinfulness and need for cleansing
• Allow His Spirit to draw you near
• Listen as He speaks to you Ask God to...
• Give our public officials wisdom to make good decisions
• Burden the churches to share their values with public officials
• Help our public officials seek out godly counsel before they make decisions
• Help you communicate your concerns regularly with your elected representatives
• Raise up people in your church who will help your church communicate with public officials
• Help public officials understand the importance of biblical values
• Expose ungodly influences affecting public officials Thanksgiving
• Thank God for hearing you
• Trust that God is at work to accomplish His will